Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Listening to Books Is Not Cheating!

As I scan the web for articles I think might be of interest, I always check Sites and Soundbytes by Tasha Saecker http://www.greenlakelibrary.org/blog/. She usually has great sites to check out and I usually do and use them myself or point others to the sites she recommends.

Listening to books is not cheating is an article from the Baltimore Sun that speaks in defense of listening to audio versions of books as being just as legitimate a form of reading as turning pages.

I have used the audio books for long trips and sometimes my husband and I both listen to the audio books and other times I take my cd player. Kasson Public Library has a wide variety of audio books available to check out for two weeks. We have a very faithful following that use the audio books for commuting, family trips, exercising, or just walking around town. Stop by and look over our collection and chose one or two to try out. We have both cassettes and cd's.

No comments: