Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Three Things You’d Save in an Emergency

I was looking at one of my favorites blogs http://sites.menashalibrary.org/. One of her olders blogs especially intrigue me: what would you save in an emergency and only had a few minutes to gather them up? Tasha stated that she was not a doom and gloom naysayer, but as many folks can testify, floods, fires, and disasters are a fact of life. Like her I found it an eye-opening experience and walked around my place to really think about what I would take with me.

So the question is: what three non-essential things would you save in an emergency? Your family, friends, pets, and any medical needs are considered essential for this question, so we’ll assume you’ve already got those.
For me, I’d like to save:

  1. Photographs. While I have digital copies of lots of these, there’s something about the b/w photos and especially when my children were young and so were my husband and I.
  2. My computer. My whole life somehow is contained on the computer, no more sheets of paper to shuffle though or lose.
  3. Important documents like the abstract to the farm, my teaching license, and passport.


Well, I’ll leave it up to you. What three non-essential things would you save in an emergency? Love to hear from you, click on the comment and tell me what you would save or your stories.

No comments: