Friday, June 26, 2009

Personal Commandments



On one of my favorite non-library blogs, The Happiness Project, I discovered something that works better for me than a New Year's resolution: Personal Commandments. These are the rules that you will live by. I love that they are commandments that can change with what you are dealing with in your life and that because they are truly yours, you can relate and live them to the utmost.
I have a set of personal commandments and also did a set of commandments for myself as a library director. My hope is that my staff would look at these and recognize them as mine without question. Here they are:

1. Work hard not long.
2. Treat everyone the way I would want to be treated.
3. Show appreciation and joy.
4. Applaud loudly.
5. Smile, laugh and connect.
6. Focus big not small.

So how about you? Do you have some commandments you work by or manage by?


No comments: