Friday, April 6, 2012

I was reading one of my favorite librarian bloggers and ran across a new radio station to listen to on your computers or e-devices. Tasha Saecker is the assistant director of the Appleton Public Library in Appleton, WI.

For those of you who have read my blog for any length of time, you know that I am always on the lookout for new ways to listen to music online.
Well, this time it is Pandora (one of my favorite sources for music) that has a new competitor. Raditaz has a two-prong approach to music that works really well. First, just like with Pandora, you can create your own stations using any artist, band or song. If you do this, you can give the song a love or thumbs down sign. That builds the station for you based on your preferences and is exactly like Pandora.
What I use Raditaz for more often is to use it like a radio I can fast forward. They have many genre stations that pull songs from the top of the lists. Unlike Pandora, which has more lesser known tracks and is a great music discovery engine, Raditaz plays the songs you are currently hearing on the radio.
For me, that means that I still use both services. It just depends what I’m in the mood for at the time.







My name is Tasha Saecker, and I am the assistant director of the Appleton Public Library in Appleton, WI.

No comments: