Thursday, April 28, 2011

Mapcrunch

I ran across this from one of my favorite spots to look for information Sites and Soundbytes by Tasha http://sites.wakingbraincells.com/. She has lots of great up-to-date information.


MapCrunch randomizes Google Maps, taking you on a tour of the world in a very random but equally easy and fascinating way. Click on the bright green Go! button and you will be whisked away visually to another place. You can use the buttons above the Go button to limit the images to specific continents or countries.


A handy little map appears telling you where you are within the country. It can be hidden too, but I enjoy seeing right where I have landed. Just as with any Google Street View, you can journey up the road, zoom in and out, and head off in new directions. Down in the bottom corner of the view is the city and country you are in. I seem to be seeing a lot of Ireland and Scandinavia so far.

No comments: