Monday, December 13, 2010

SNOW! SNOW! SNOW!

Well all of you know how much I dislike the snow, the cold and this weekend proved my resolve to retire and move where it has mild winters.

On Saturday morning during the storm I had to walk down to our small barn and feed our two horses and four cats. Snow was all over the hay, water, and the cat's food dish. It took awhile to shovel and make thing right. I thought that was bad. How wrong I was.

At 5 pm Saturday night with the snow and wind howling and blowing my two bichons and collie went out with me to feed the horses and cats their nightly rations. I stepped around the side of the house and got blasted by the wind. I took a few steps and then the small dogs and I could not move because of the huge 3.5 ft drifts across the side yard. I took the animals back inside and struggled to the barn. What a cold, freezing adventure. I got my feet stuck each time I moved them as the snow was up past my waist. So I thought I could push the feed buckets ahead of me and crawl over the drifet. WRONG! I finally got to the barn after 15 minutes and then had to shovel it out again and make the barn right. Then I had to pysch myself up for my return trip another fun filled adventure.

Did I say I wanted to be in a warner climate? Well this weekend proved to me that when I retire it will not be in Minnesota but a place I can walk the beach and sip umbrella drinks and call all my friends in Minnesota and tell them what a great time I am having.

No comments: