Friday, March 20, 2009

Go on the Hunt for Pieces of Your Puzzle

Imagine your life as a giant puzzle, with pieces that have been scattered everywhere. If you stay in the same place for most of your time, you’ll have access to quite a few of those pieces, which you can snap in place whenever you want. But as you try new things and step outside your comfort zone occasionally, you can run across some of those scattered pieces, making your puzzle a bit more complete.

For me the missing puzzle piece was designing perennial flower beds for our hobby farm. I read a lot on what was best for our 3-4 growing zone. Then chose some perennials, learned about fertilizers, the right type of dirt and how to amend it for the perennials. I have worked very hard the last three years with my 7 flower beds. I have had lots of blisters, many a sore back, and dirty hands and feet. But I loved every minute (well maybe not every minute) and I am very proud to show others the flower beds and occassionally share a plant or two.

I was lucky enough to find another hidden piece of my puzzle. Now go out and find your missing puzzle piece and share with others. As you all know I am constantly looking for ideas for this blog and frequently use ideas found on http://www.onsimplicity.net/.

No comments: