Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Library Presentation to the K-M Lions

I was invited to speak to the Kasson's Lions Club on Monday night and talk about the library. I was treated to a great meal and good conversation. It was fun to see the friendships that these men have with each other and how the Tailtwister is always on the lookout for any rule infractions.

My Powerpoint show was about 30 minutes and I had many questions on our databases and other information. It was asked how many of the appromimately forty Lion's present or spouses had library cards? Over 80% raised their hands. They were also interterested in our library statistics and were amazed how much is done in our small building. There were also questions on when would there be a different library location. I told then with the way of the taxes in the town, we are realistically looking a few years down the road. The library staff wishes it could be sooner because of the cramped quarters and problems with the building, but we also understand the economic conditions.

I wish to thank the Lion's for the invition to speak on a topic near and dear to my heart. After thirty six years working in libraries I see a bright future for the Kasson Library with a larger facility. I was also given a Lion's pin for my coming and talking about the library.

I took two pictures of the Lion's present:

No comments: