Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Vietnam Veterans Memorial 25th Anniversary


I have always wanted to see Washington, DC and the "Wall", but to date have not been able to go there. I feel very emotional everytime I see pictures or a documentary about the monument. I was a teen during the "60's" and had a husband who went to Vietnam.
I have two brothers who were also in the service, one in the Navy and one in the Army Airbourne division. It was a terrible time but I am glad to see that Vietnam Vets and others era vets meet and greet those coming home from Afghanistan and Iraq. A much better homecoming for them than others received in the past. Currently I have a son-in-law in the Army that has spent 18 months in Iraq and a daughter who was in the Army(Germany/Kosovo) and now the Army Reserves, both are currently at Fort Jackson, S.C.

This year, 2007, is the 25th Anniversary of Vietnam Veterans Memorial "The Wall". There will be a Reading of the Names Opening Ceremony, Wed, Nov 7th at 3 pm. This ceremony marks the “official start of the Reading of the Names” during which approximately 2,000 volunteers will read the 58,256 names inscribed on The Wall over 4 days.

No comments: