Friday, July 6, 2007

Grandparents Minnesota Style by Mike Link & Kate Crowley

Husband-wife co-authors wrote the book with the idea of introducing their grandchildren to the fun and experiences of their youth. When Link looks back at his own childhood, he is filled with images of "picking blackberries with Grandma, playing catch with Grandpa. I was never a visitor. I felt that their house was my home. This is what we want for our grandchildren."


We have this book in the library and parents and grandparents are checking this book out and when I asked how they like it, one comment was "I had forgotten about some of these place and the fun I had."

What great thoughts. We all have our own experiences with childhood and with our own grandparents. I have found out with my own two grandchildren that being a grandparent is the best! You get to show and share the wonders of the wide world with them. This book does a good job with special places to visit in our region that include the Mystery Cave, Forestville, Wabasha, and LARK Toy Store in Kellogg.

No comments: